Search This Blog

**Children's Treasures in My Treasure Box**

**Children's Treasures in My Treasure Box** I have a little treasure box, Not filled with gold or pearls, But shining gems more precious still, Than all the jewels in the world. A gem of kindness softly glows, When helping hands are near. A gem of love shines warm and bright, Bringing comfort, joy, and cheer. A gem of laughter sparkles high, Like sunlight on the sea. A gem of faith shines through the night, Reminding God cares for me. A gem of patience gleams so clear, When waiting with a smile. A gem of truth shines faithfully, And lights each step awhile. These precious gems within my box Grow brighter every day. For when I share them with others, Their beauty does not fade away. So I'll treasure every shining gem, And keep them close in view. For the greatest treasures God can give Are the loving things we do. Susan Barker Nikitenko 2026©MBPMRMNMPBKBANNABENGEORPASTO #3093 m

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fright Night ~ By: Belinda Van Rensburg


Fright Night

by Belinda van Rensburg

In the deepest, darkest night
After I've switched off the light
Creatures lurk within my room
Planning my demise and doom.

They slither, slink and crawl around
Making not the slightest sound;
Waiting with abated breath
To pounce and scare me half to death.

My heart is pounding in my chest
I'm scared to breathe or move 'round lest
The monsters hiding 'neath my bed
Decide it's time that they were fed.

I am so scared; what should I do?
Night after dark night I go through
The same emotions; fear and fright
As soon as I've turned off my light.

I remember someone said
(or is it something that I read?)
We should never, ever fear
For God's Spirit's always near.

I'm not alone: He's here with me
And scary monsters must all flee;
When in Jesus's Name I pray
They have to leave and stay away.

I say a prayer and sing a song
Whilst unseen angels sing along;
They've come to guard me as I sleep;
To slay all things which crawl and creep



Poetry On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

ATTENTION!

If You Can Not See Something Clearly Click On It.